Norfolk Part 1: why did I not take the girls sooner
I have friends who enjoy holiday in Norfolk. My husband drove me there on a day trip many years ago. I have only just got around to taking our daughters there, and was surprised to realise it is only a couple of hours away from our house, the nearest seaside resorts, that is. Hardly further away than Skegness is.
We decided to go camping again for a couple of nights. The campsite where we went was inland but lovely. This time I had the pleasure of pitching up in the pouring rain as the weather was very erratic last Friday.
Our first stop was Hunstanton, and the beautiful cliffs
Then we did some crabbing in the rain in Well next the Sea. The weather was very unpredictable to the point where we could see a rainbow but it was a brilliant crabbing afternoon. More about crabbing another time.

As I said, we were camping so I had the joy of discovering what it is like to pitch up in the pouring rain! The heat wave has definitely ended in this country and we were really cold especially during the second night, though paradoxically the weather was much better on day 2. We were lucky a kettle was provided by the campsite as hot water bottles were our life savers!







Comments
Post a Comment