Not so famous but a lovely part of England: Shropshire
I already saw the lovely town of Shrewsbury last year but before we stopped there again we thought we could climb Pontesford Hill and Earl’s Hill and were not disappointed
I understood the Earl’s Hill was an extinct volcano 🌋. It was really windy up there but the view was amazing. I do not think I would have had the idea of going there if it wasn’t for my daughter’s horse riding camp nearby but my husband and I really do not regret it. It is not pushchair friendly but is is not that high so little legs might make it to the top. From there, you might catch a glimpse of Wales and the Shropshire National Park 🏞️
The lovely little county town of Shrewsbury
There was definitely no cafe nearby so we drove a bit further to Shrewsbury for refreshments. It was quite busy, with a lot of bunting, possibly because football was on. It’s a little town definitely worth stopping at if you’re not far away. It is crossed by River Severn and has a few spires for those who enjoy visiting such places. It also has a lot of traditional houses and pubs, with Tudor architecture, though some chains like Pizza Express and Caffè Nero have made their way there.

















Comments
Post a Comment