Cornwall part 3: even I didn’t know the Mont Saint Michel had a Cornish counterpart
Coming from France, I obviously know about the iconic Mont Saint-Michel but neither I or any of my relatives knew about her sister site Mount St Michael, located near Marazion, in the South Coast of Cornwall. It is also a tidal island, but rather than a monastery, it is a castle on top, which we were pleased to visit. We were lucky to be there before the tide came in, in which case we would have had to wait for a boat to take us back to Marazion, and it was quite busy. The employee told us it was “not that busy”, but honestly I wonder what “busy” meant for him.
Luckily it stayed dry, as I had to climb up and down in flip flops 🩴, which was not my best ever choice. My husband and even my kids were smarter than me!
Once we were done, we wanted to se St Ives. It was very busy as it allegedly always is during the summer so we struggled to park, and unfortunately the tide was still not quite in so we couldn’t try crabbing. We did have some nice crepes though. A bit more and I would really feel like we are in Brittany, France.
We also found some great churches, though not as high as in Norfolk. It lacks in Nottinghamshire, I believe.











Comments
Post a Comment